Monday, December 5, 2022

BE READY TO MEET OUR MAKER


BE READY TO MEET OUR MAKER

This evening, I learned of the passing of Bishop Derrick Hutchins.  During the early 80s, I served as Administrative Assistant to Bishop H. Jenkins Bell while he was jurisdictional bishop of South Carolina; there I met the young Elder Derrick Hutchins. 

Bishop Hutchins was an exceptionally gifted preacher and an accomplished national evangelist in the Church of God in Christ.  He traveled extensively throughout the USA and other nations to effectively spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.

His death was quite a shock to me in light of my own recent health challenges, and because I had known him so long, and since we are in the same age bracket.   Although I do plan to continue for a time in this journey called life, it is apparent to me that we must be increasingly conscious of our own mortality and carefully prepare for the coming of Christ, whether it be through our transition or the Rapture.

Tonight, I read an article that detailed the last words of several well-known figures in Christendom.  I’ll share a few with you.

Martin Luther

“Our God is the God from whom cometh salvation: God is the Lord by whom we escape death.”

John Knox

“Live in Christ, live in Christ, and the flesh need not fear death.”

John Wesley

“The best of all is, God is with us.  Farewell!”

Charles Wesley

“I shall be satisfied with Thy likeness--satisfied, satisfied!”

All have an appointed hour to meet The Creator face-to-face.  Let’s live right and genuinely honor Him here so we can live eternally in His loving and glorious presence.  Amen.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment