Wednesday, December 28, 2022

GOD ANSWERS PRAYER


GOD ANSWERS PRAYER

The following story from “Our Daily Bread” is reprinted for your information and inspiration.

While crossing the Atlantic, F.B. Meyer was asked to address the first-class ship passengers. At the captain’s request he spoke on “Answered Prayer.” An agnostic who was present at the service was asked by his friends, “What did you think of Dr. Meyer’s sermon?” He responded, “I didn't believe a word of it!" That afternoon Meyer went to preach to passengers in the lower decks. Many of the listeners at his morning address tagged along, including the agnostic, who claimed he just wanted to “hear what the babbler had to say.”

Before attending the service, the agnostic put two oranges in his pockets. On his way he passed an elderly woman sitting on her deck chair fast asleep, and her hands were open. In the spirit of fun, the agnostic put the two oranges in her outstretched palms. After the meeting, he saw the old lady happily eating one of the pieces of fruit. “You seem to be enjoying that orange,” he remarked with a smile. “Yes, sir,” she replied, “my Father is very good to me.” The agnostic sneered, “Your father? Surely your father can’t be still alive.” “Praise God,” the woman replied, “He is very much alive!”

“What do you mean?” pressed the agnostic. She explained, “I’ll tell you, sir. I have been quite seasick and I asked God to somehow send me an orange. I suppose I fell asleep while I was praying. I woke up and found He had not only sent me one orange, but two!” The agnostic was speechless. Later he was converted to Christ. Yes, praying to God definitely brings answers.

Sisters and brothers, be continually blessed, and please (above all else) MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO MEET OUR SOON COMING KING. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment